Finish my Story!

Student Blogging Challenge

http://studentchallenge.edublogs.org/

Activity 4

Here is a story I have started inspired by the picture below. Leave a comment saying how you would add to and end the story!

waves-5

“Hey! Young girl! Hurry and get a life jacket on, now!” I stared at the man trying to process what he was saying, but I couldn’t get my body to move. He waved his hands in the air frantically to get my attention, and finally I realized that I needed to get up. I ran to receive my life jacket and put it on. “Okay, now hurry and jump onto the emergency boat!” he commanded, pointing to the small, crowded boat. I climbed into the boat and sat next to another young girl. “Am I going to die? Will I ever see my family again? What is happening?” she rambled, tears rushing down her face. I comforted her and held her hand. The boat dropped into the water and two men paddled against the aggressive waves. We rocked up and down, back and forth, but suddenly a monstrous wall deep blue fell over me, and that’s the last thing I remember.

By now, it’s been around four days I’ve been stranded on this island, and there is still no sign of other people. No people, no food, no water, no boats, no life except for the birds and giant tropical trees. I was lost, physically and mentally, spending the last four days asking countless questions to myself, becoming a nervous wreck, going on erratic outrages, and all in all, turning into a complete mess. I spent my days looking for any source of food I could identify, collecting sticks, leaves, and rocks for shelter, and staring off into the ocean to seek anyone or anything. At night, I ate whatever was left of the food I collected in the day, and lay in the bed of leaves I made from the large leaves of the trees that surrounded me. And before I went to sleep, I stared up into the stars and and said out loud words my mother would say to me before going to sleep every night when I was little, “You are my someone, and you will always be my someone, and you must remember and never forget that.”

A few days later, I woke to the sound of a cry. I thought it was just the birds, but it was a persistent cry and one that sounded faintly familiar. I quickly got up from my bed of leaves and followed the cry to the edge of the water, where I spotted a girl with short curly brown hair. I sprinted toward her. She was the first human I’d seen in about a week. She lay there soaked with water with seaweed clinging around her ankles and arms. She wailed and had a sudden shock when i touched her cheek to calm her down.

Read 8 comments

1. “What is your name?” I asked her, thankful to have finally encountered another human on this strange, strange island.

She simply shook her head, closing her eyes and shuddering violently.

“What’s wrong? Are you okay?” I asked frantically. She looked as if she was having a seizure. A split second later, she went limp. Her fingers continued to twitch, while the rest of her body remained utterly still.

I buried my face in my hands and wept. My one chance at companionship, and she was gone. I had no idea who this person was, who she had been, who she could have become. Overwhelmed with sudden emotion and passion, I sprinted out to the start of the water, and ran out until the water reached my waist.

“Why!” I screamed, staring up to the sky, wondering how and why I had ended up here, all alone.

I kept on screaming, yelling, questioning, to no avail. For some reason, had expected to get a response.

Thrashing around in the waves, to a bystander, I would have appeared to be having a panic attack. Hands vigorously smacking the water, I had thought that maybe if I yelled enough, it might all go away.

All of it.
    The island.
    The pain.
    The loneliness.

But I was wrong. For, as much as I yelled, as much as I cried for help, as much as I swam, there was no way that I would ever be able to get off this island.

I was completely and utterly

alone.